Three Cheese Yeast Bread – Delicious yeast bread made with Asiago, Romano and sharp cheddar cheeses and topped with a sprinkling of herbs. This yeast dough loaf is amazing for a dinner side or bread basket favorite.
We all know how much this girl loves bread. But I’ve really been missing out on some amazing bread baking this summer. Things are just not as easy with 3 kids home and finding and doing fun things together. Bread baking kind of has been on the back burner, so to speak. but I did take time to make up this amazing loaf a few weeks ago. So now it’s finally time to share it with you.
I don’t know about you, but as a bread baker with a big heart for all things dough, I go crazy walking around the local farmers markets bakery stands. I just love the smell and the beautiful array of loaves and I go home with a slew of new ideas of things to try and flavors to incorporate into my own baking.
Look at that softness! I bet I’m making you hungry by now. 🙂
I think you’ll enjoy this three cheese yeast bread for these reasons:
- Soft and fluffy
- Beautiful crumb and texture.
- Amazing good flavor. Perfect for pairing with wine and pasta or roasted veggies and steak.
What do you picture it pairing up with? I’d love to hear. Tag me #gatherforbread with your ideas.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Three Cheese Yeast Bread
- 2/3 cup warm water about 110°
- 1 .25 ounce package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons PLUS 1 teaspoon white sugar divided
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Stir and let sit about 10 minutes. Add oil. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cheddar cheese, Asiago cheese and Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt. Using a flat attachment for a stand mixer stir until combined. Mixture will be crumbly. Switch to dough hook and begin kneading. If dough appears to dry. Add a tablespoon of warm water.
- Using a stand mixer. Mix dough until smooth and elastic to the touch, about 8 minutes, gradually adding only enough additional flour to keep dough from sticking. Dough should clear sides of the bowl.
- Or knead by hand, on a floured surface for approximately 12-15 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a large greased bowl and invert dough so top is greased. Cover with a greased plastic or a dry towel and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down dough.
- Form dough into a ball. Then flatten into a rectangle. Smooth out any large air bubbles. Form into loaf.
- Place in a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Cover with towel or greased plastic wrap and let to rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° F until browned and baked through, about 30-35 minutes hour. Remove from pan after about 5 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for about 1 hour before slicing.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes
Delicious Recipes from Bloggers with Three Cheeses:
Three Cheese Pasta Bake _ Lil Luna
Three Cheese White Pizza – Add a Pinch
Three Cheese Aspargus Gratin – Cookie Rookie
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.