Zucchini Cake Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting – Delicious moist cinnamon zucchini cake made with summer’s harvest of zucchini. Topped with brown sugar cream cheese frosting. Perfect for picnics and potlucks.
Zucchini,EVERY year it gets me. I think I’m staying on top of it and then ‘BAM’ next thing you know you have a green baseball bat. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me? Just yesterday was the first it happened this season. I feel like I check the garden every other day so I don’t know how the world they grow so quickly.
It must be those big green leaves that hide them so well. Those huge ones don’t taste very good so I feel awful bad as I plop it into the trash can. 🙁
This year was a great zucchini harvest in our garden. I remembered to plant at different times. So we had 2 decent plants going in the beginning and another just started sprouting zucchini. So it’s been a bumper crop. P.S. I have no idea what that means. I just thought it would sound good and fitting there.
Pause. I’m heading over to Google. Good news. I’m back. According to Wikipedia , a Bumper Crop is a crop that has yielded an unusually productive harvest.Yes! I nailed the meaning of that word.
O.K. Back to zucchini and cake. Today’s recipe is highlighting zucchini in a delicious cinnamon cake. It’s so moist that I was shocked. Yes, the oil and applesauce keep this zucchini cake with brown sugar cream cheese frosting tasting amazing!
And the brown sugar cinnamon frosting is just the ways to finish it well. I hope you enjoy it!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
BLOGLOVIN’ | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | SNAPCHAT: @GATHERFORBREAD | TWITTER | PERISCOPE
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Zucchini Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and mix well. Stir in zucchini by hand, stirring until completely mixed in. Pour cake batter into prepared 9x13" pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a large mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients. Whip until light and fluffy. Spread over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle frosting with cinnamon if desired.
Adapted slightly from Six Sisters Stuff
Shashi at RunninSrilankan says
Yay for a bumper crop of zucchini – this was my first year not growing any – so next time I’m at the store I gotta pick some up to make this gorgeous cake! Melanie, that applesauce, oil and grated zucchini must have made this super moist and ooh that cream cheese brown sugar frosting sounds wonderful!
Zucchini always seems to be a bumper crop in my garden. It’s almost like I can’t ever kill it. Hope you’ve had a great summer Shashi! 🙂