This post is sponsored by Red Star Yeast
Amish Dinner Rolls – Soft Yeast rolls recipe for warm fluffy buns. Made with instant mashed potato flakes, best served with any dinner comfort food. Adapted from an old Amish cookbook.
Friends, I hope spring is bringing you lots of joy and goodness. With Easter just around the corner, I thought it would be fitting to share a new tasty dinner roll recipe. Just picture pulling these piping hot rolls coming out of the oven, made by you, with your hands. Wouldn’t that be awesome?!
I’m partnering with Red Star yeast today to bring you these fluffy soft dinner rolls. I love Red Star and it’s the only yeast I use now in my kitchen. Be sure to check out their Platinum instant yeast. It’s the one I chose to use in this recipe.
These rolls are also able to be prepared a day in advance. Just refrigerate the dough balls. Get the hardest part out of the way. No one has time for hours in the kitchen on the big day. Hopefully, you’ll be joining in a church service or spending time with family. So make these rolls the day before, cover with greased plastic and pop them in the fridge.
The day of all you need to do is let them sit at room temperature for about 3-4 hours (depending on the temperature in your kitchen). Then they’re ready to bake. Rolls done in about 20-25 minutes.
Red Star is offering Buy One Get One free for the Platinum yeast. Head over to RedStaryeast.com to find out more.
Find this recipe and more at redstaryeast.com
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post is brought to you by Red Star Yeast. Thanks for supporting the partners who support Gather for Bread.
- ¾ cup warm milk (about 100-110 degrees)
- ½ cup warm water (about 100-110 degrees)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 packet Red Star platinum yeast
- In a mixing bowl combine milk, water, butter, mashed potato flakes, egg, sugar, flour, salt, and yeast. Using a stand mixer fitted with dough hook, knead for 6-8 minutes or until smooth and soft without being too sticky. The dough should clear sides of the bowl but slightly stick to the bottom. Add additional flour one tablespoon at a time if too wet. Add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time if too dry. Remove from bowl. Using the heel of your hand knead briefly until it forms a nice round ball.
- Alternately you can knead by hand on a floured surface until you have a smooth soft dough.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled about 60-90 minutes.
- Separate dough into 16-20 equal pieces. Using the heel of your quickly and firmly roll each piece around in circles until it forms a tight little ball. Arrange rolls in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cover with greased plastic wrap. Let rise for about 1½ hours. They will have doubled in size and be puffy.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. After the rise, place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Look for rolls that are golden brown.
You may also enjoy:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.