Easy No Knead Crescent Rolls – Soft buttery crescent rolls made from scratch, ready in about 1 hour. No artificial ingredients. Homemade bread for the table or substitute for any recipe using refrigerated crescent rolls.
There’s nothing like golden brown delicious flaky buttery crescent rolls. Is that enough adjectives for you? Or should I maybe add soft, supple and amazing too? There you go. That sounds even better yet.
I’ve been wanting to put a crescent roll recipe on the blog but I really wanted a simple one. So many that I’ve come across are a 2 day process which is fine but….I need to keep some simple breads around. We don’t all have that much time to meet our bread and rolls satisfaction.
So after making this recipe I decided it was the perfect one to bring here and share with all of you. It was delicious, easy and ready in a little over an hour. We can handle that, right?
Now if you’re looking to spend more time on your bread then you must go check out my delicious crusty French bread baguettes. 2 day process but totally worth it! Or you can try these Artisan Ciabatta Rolls. Amazing as well.
These Easy No Knead Crescent Rolls will make a perfect addition to your Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. They substitute well for the refrigerated tubes you find in a store. Yes! No added preservatives. Fresh and homemade. Just the way we like it.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Easy No Knead Crescent Rolls
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional butter for brushing tops
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes until frothy. Add butter, sugar and egg to the yeasted mixture. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt with a wooden spoon just until combined. Shape into a ball. Cover with a towel. Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half on a floured surface in a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut into 12 equal triangles. Starting with the wider end, roll up each dough triangle. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cover baking pan with a clean, dry towel and let dough rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake rolls until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Immediately brush with butter.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe from: Comfort of Cooking
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.