1 Hour Dinner Rolls – Easy homemade soft dinner rolls made in 1 hour. Made from scratch and perfect for the holidays. Gather at the table for these buttery buns.
I’m thrilled to share these delicious one-hour dinner rolls with you today. In approximately 1 hour of your time, you can have homemade dinner rolls on your table. Now if you have any experience shaping dough that will cut some time off. If you’re new to this, it will probably take you more than an hour. Because rolling the dough does take a bit to get used to.
Before you know it, you’ll be a pro. Whipping, rolling, shaping dough in a jiffy.
This process is fairly simple you’ll be combining ingredients like yeast, water, butter, flour, an egg and a smidge of salt and sugar. Don’t you love that ingredient list versus the one you’ll see on the ingredients list of the dinner rolls at the local grocery store?
Most of all, I get it! We don’t have time to make homemade everything. I understand fully. I’m a working mom of 3 who loves to bake with yeast and even I can’t find time to make everything from scratch.
But at least once you MUST make 1 hour dinner rolls. They’re just outrageously good. And can’t even compare with the package you’ll pick up on the bread aisle.
So, why not give it a go for this holiday? Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter? Let’s put real food on the table for the ones we love! The thankfulness will come in smiles, hugs, and pats of butter melting on warm oven dinner rolls.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
1 Hour Dinner Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups warm water 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a small measuring cup or bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or until frothy.
Using a large mixing bowl and fitted with flat beater combine yeast mixture, butter salt, egg and 2 cups flour. Mix together. Once fully combined switch to dough hook and scrape down sides of the bowl. Increase speed to medium. After 2 minutes, add additional 2 cups of flour.
- Knead for another 3-5 minutes or until dough comes together and is smooth. It should slap sides of the bowl and stick to the bottom.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 20 -30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a smooth work surface. Plop dough down and gently flatten to a ½ inch or so rectangle. Divide into 20 equal pieces using a pizza cutter or dough scraper.
- Roll each piece into a smooth round ball. Use the palm of your hand to roll gently until it pulls together.
- Arrange dough balls in a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and cover with a kitchen towel. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let rolls rise until doubled, about 20 minutes. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THESE DELICIOUS ROLL RECIPES:
TIPS for Better Bread
Need help making Better Yeast Breads?
I've been making bread in my kitchen for over 5 years and there's a few things I've learned along the way.
Get your Free TIPS sheet when you subscribe to get our latest recipes and posts by email.