Caramel Stuffed Dark Chocolate Cookies – Sweet soft chocolate cookies stuffed with a delicious gooey Rolo candy. These cookies are perfectly soft and are attractive to everyone.
These delicious caramel stuffed dark chocolate cookies have worked their way straight to my heart and for more than one reason.
Friends, I just participated in my first Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. It was so fun. The anticipation. The tastes. The surprise. I loved it.
This was my first year participating in this wonderful event. If you haven’t heard about it before, it’s where food blogger’s from around the world participate in a cookie swap coordinated and led by Linsday from Love and Olive Oil and Julie from The Little Kitchen.
All proceeds this year go to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, an amazing non-profit organization funding new therapies in the fight against pediatric cancer.
Each participant is matched with three random food bloggers who you send a dozen of your favorite cookies to. In return, we each receive a dozen cookies from three “mystery” food bloggers to enjoy as well.
I have to admit a week prior I started to stress. Our week’s vacation over Thanksgiving feel the week prior to making and shipping cookies and I know that’s no reason to stress but I felt the pressure. But I got them out in the mail on time. Not early. But not late. Yay!
If you have an Instagram account….well if you don’t have an Instagram account you don’t know what you’re missing out on! I do and I admit I am a bit addicted. I adore pictures and this is the most fun way to share and view and comment on everyone’s work of art.
Anyway if you do have one, look for the hashtag #fbcookieswap. And you scroll through lot and lots of the cookies that were a part of this huge blogger and all in one place. How awesome is that???
My friends, these cookies are divine. But how couldn’t they be? I mean it’s chocolate and caramel right? And ooey, gooey all at once. I had a hard time shipping these out and then I reminded myself , “There’s another bag of Rolos sitting there and you can make more Melanie. You can not and shall not eat your blogger swap cookies!
And so I didn’t. I just made my own batch and they’re definitely a fav.
Til we meet and eat again,
- 2½ cups flour all purpose flour
- ¾ cup dark baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 48 chocolate covered caramels (like Rolos), unwrapped
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well. Set aside
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and eggs; beat well. Slowly add flour mixture. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy. Cover completely.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
Recipe adapted slightly from Pillsbury
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.