Super Easy Pull Apart Bread Sticks – Topped with herbs and cheese these soft bread sticks bake up in one pan. Just cut down and serve.
Here’s my latest carb indulgence. Bread sticks. These things are phenomenal. Soft, flavorful and they melt in your mouth.
Had I known they were this is easy to make…well, I probably wouldn’t have had to order them at the restaurants and I most certainly would be 5 lbs heavier.
These things rock. Dunk in some marina sauce and you too will be wishing you had made these 10 years earlier like me.
This dough is so easy to prepare. I practically could do it blind folded. Don’t be scared off because it has yeast. Anyone could make these bread sticks. Simple and flexible. If you over rise the dough a bit, no biggie. If you cut the dough strips too big or too small, no biggie.
The only thing you need to get right is the rise. Make sure your yeast is fresh and in date. If it is the dough will rise and the results will be some amazing bread sticks.
Another great bonus to these bread sticks is that this dough can be prepared the day before. Mix as usual. Let it rise. Roll out onto the baking sheet. Cover well with plastic wrap. Let rest in the refrigerator overnight.
This is perfect if you know you’ll have a busy day and want to get part of the meal prep out of the way. Made one day this past week a little less hectic for me.
I love that these are:
– kid friendly
– car-friendly (have a meal to bring to a friend?)
– budget friendly.
Perfect sidekick for pasta, salad, soup, pizza, buffalo wings. I’m pretty darn sure you’ll be glad you made these. (*smile*)
Here’s to a delicious side kick to your favorite meal!
Til we eat again,
- 1¼ cup warm milk, 100 degrees
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2¼ teaspoons dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3½ cups all purpose flour, approx
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Using a stand mixer fitted with dough hook mix the warm milk, butter, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Stir the yeast into the warm water and let it stand for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- Add the dissolved yeast and 3 cups flour to the first mixture in the mixing bowl. Dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl. Add the additional ½ cup of flour 2 tablespoons at a time as necessary.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled about 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press dough down gently. Turn out onto a half sheet pan (11 x 15 inches) lined with parchment or non-stick baking mat. Cut dough into strips with pizza cutter. I cut dough in half width wise and then made additional cuts. Each half I cut in half and then in half again. Each of those quarters I cut into thirds for a total of 24 bread sticks.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Spread over dough with pastry brush. Sprinkle with crushed Italian seasoning, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned.
Linked to: Time to Sparkle, What’s Cookin Wednesday. Moonlight and Mason Jars
You may also like: Quick Parmesan Cheddar Cheese Bread
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.