Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats – A fresh twist on traditional zucchini boats. They’re loaded with cheese, jalapeno and have just the right pop. Perfect summer side dish.
Our family’s new favorite way to enjoy zucchini. Oh my yum. I must confess: I’m not a huge spicy foods fan. I like chicken wings every now and then but I’m just not big on things that make me want to gulp down an entire pitcher of iced tea.
But I’ve fallen in love with these things. They’re so delicious that I just want to make them over and over again. And to my amazement the whole family loves them. Score!
Don’t we chefs just love when a dish pleases the whole crowd? It’s always my heart’s desire. So I was super happy.
I’ve been dreaming about fresh zucchini from the garden for quite awhile now. So it thrills my heart that we’re actually harvesting them now. Now my main job is to figure out how many new zucchini recipes I can come up with in the next month or 2. Game on!
Hopefully, you’ll be checking in for our newest favorites soon.
Even if you’re not a big jalapeno fan like me please promise me you’ll try these at least once this summer. They’re phenomenal people!
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
- 3 zucchini, small or medium
- ¼ cup chive and onion cream cheese (or regular, softened)
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons jarred jalapenos, chopped small
- 3 Tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds forming each into a boat. Place on a microwavable plate. Microwave for 1 minute. Blot with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese and jalapenos until smooth.
- Spread evenly into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.