Peach Streusel Quick Bread – Delicious fruity quick bread made with fresh peaches and topped with a crunchy oat streusel. Summer’s best for breakfast, brunch or snack.
This amazing peach bread is a quick bread so therefore you don’t need yeast and you don’t need several hours. As a matter of fact you only need minutes. It bakes up sweet and soft for summer. I’m pretty sure you’ll love it!
I love that it uses fresh peaches and that they are both in the batter and on top. Plus the crunchy streusel just sends it over the top in the flavor department.
I’m the girl that when I eat pie… I want it topped with streusel. Forget the double pie crust and give me some buttery crunch. That makes this bread irresistible!
Summer will be gone before I know it so I’m squeezing as many peach, zucchini and berry recipes as possible. Because before long we’ll be in jeans and sweaters again and I’ll be missing my shorts and tank tops. So, do you mind if I keep summer recipes going as long as possible? I’ll surely miss them!
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅔ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced yellow peaches
- ½ cup sliced yellow peaches
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put a baking sheet in oven.
- Coat 3 mini (5¾″ x 3¾″) loaf pans with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, egg, coconut or vegetable oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in diced peaches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut butter into flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs. Divide batter evenly between loaf pans. Arrange peach slices over each loaf. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Place pans on preheated baking sheet and bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 25-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely. Wrap breads well and store in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Warm before serving.
Recipe from: Tutti Dolci
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.