Baked Fontina Cheese Dip – Savory baked fontina, delicious blend of cheese, olive oil and herbs, paired with french baguettes for a perfect quick appetizer that’s sure to be a favorite!
This recipe has been on my radar for months. I adore cheese and this just seemed simple and perfect for hosting friends. As a matter of fact I served it last week’s girls night. It’s quick, simple and a crowd pleaser. And of course we eat it with one of my ultimate foods…bread. So, it’s none other than fabulous.
What I loved most about this recipe was HOW stinking’ easy it was. I literally had it ready to go in 20 minutes. Doesn’t get easier than that, does it?
Around here we try to remember things we’re thankful for and I love when I can have a delicious recipe ready in minutes that wows the guests. This one totally does that.
To be honest, I don’t know if I ever had Fontina cheese before now.
There are so many varieties of cheese in this world and I’d love to get to taste test every SINGLE one before my life here on earth is done. So when I get chances to try a new cheese I jump all over it. Wegmans frequently gives out free samples of cheese. It’s a great way to try new cheeses without having to buy them and then discover that you’re not loving it. And don’t even get me started on how amazing their cheese selection is. OH>MY>GOODNESS!
So the next time you want to try a new cheese, go for this baked Fontina cheee dip. It’s absolutely fabulous. Feel free to mess with the herbs and pick and choose the ones you like best. Make it your own and share it with friends.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Baked Fontina Cheese Dip
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian Fontina cheese rind removed and diced
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 crusty French baguette
- Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack 5 inches from the heat.
- Add the cubes of Fontina evenly in a 12-inch cast-iron pan. Drizzle olive oil over the cheese cubes. Sprinkle the garlic, thyme, and rosemary over the cheese and olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 6 minutes. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbling and starts to slightly brown.
- Serve the baked Fontina hot out of the oven. Serve in the cast-iron pan with crusty bread cubes or slices for dipping.
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa
Recommended for this recipe:
You may also enjoy:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.