Blueberries and Cream Granola – Simple delicious way to get your morning started well. Blend of granola, blueberries, almonds, honey and cinnamon makes for a delicious way to eat well.
Another terrific granola recipe to start off your morning well. Or maybe you would like it as a snack or a lunch. Regardless, you’ll love it no matter when you eat it.
My daughter never knew she liked dried blueberries until I made this granola. She’s totally hooked now. I’m excited because she can be a little picky when it comes to breakfast lately. Well, if I bought her a bunch of sugar laden store bought cereal she’d be great. But momma doesn’t buy much of that anymore. Except for the rare treat.
We stick with the basics here. I will buy plain rice/wheat squares, rice puffs, cheerios, corn flakes, raisin bran and shredded wheat and random other organic/natural cereals if I can pick them up at the local grocery outlet store. We also will do pancakes, waffles, eggs, smoothies etc. I just don’t feel right about letting them start off their morning with those toaster pastries and such that have zero nutritional value.
I don’t always have the time for a home cooked breakfast either. So this delightful granola is handy, healthy and ready to eat on a busy morning. Make it once a week. Double it so it will last even longer.
This recipe is based off of my cherry chocolate chunk granola with a few modifications. I hope you give it a try!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Blueberries and Cream Granola
- For Granola:
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 dried blueberries
For Cream Crumbles
- 1/4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- For Granola:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, rice cereal, coconut, almonds and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix honey, oil and vanilla. Stir into oats mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 25-30 minutes stir every 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool and begin make cream crumbles.
- For Cream Crumbles:
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking liner; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons milk powder, flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake until dried and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Transfer granola to a bowl. Mix in blueberries and cream crumbles. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Cream Crumble adapted slightly from: Martha Stewart
You may also like: cherry chocolate chunk granola
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.