Broccoli bacon cheese ball. This appetizer combines the best, meat, veggies and cheese roll into a delicious ball. Perfect for party appetizers alongside crackers. Sure to be a hit when you serve it.
I seriously can’t believe it’s only 3 weeks until Christmas. My house isn’t even completely decorated the way I want it to be. Ahh. Trying not to stress. It’s all good. It’s A OK. Just enjoy the season and the reason.
So I forget about the lights and garland that I still haven’t hung and I go bake. Takes all my cares away. As soon as I’m done baking I remember the cards that need addressed or the fact that I haven’t even updated the addresses since last Christmas. Or I start thinking about my coming crazy weekend when I’ll hardly be home. So then I go bake again.
Or I go dig in the fridge for a bite of this bacon cheese ball and all is well. 🙂
Appetizers. I love em. I guess I love a lot of food related things. But I seriously love an assortment of appetizers. Dinner could be all appetizers and I think that would be awesome. We do that on occasion just to make mom happy.
So this the perfect little appetizer to serve to your guests around the holidays. It’s simple to pull together and only takes a few ingredients.
By the way, if this sits in your fridge on a pretty little plate it may or may not be there when you return. My kids could not wait to indulge in this pretty little thing.
Broccoli Bacon Cheese Ball
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 4 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 6 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lemon juice salt and pepper until blended. Stir in broccoli. Place mixture on a sheet of wax paper. Wrap wax paper up sides. Use wax paper and hands to mold into a ball shape. Shape into a ball.and roll in bacon. Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with assortment of crackers.
Recipe adapted slightly from Taste of Home
Linked to Show Stopper Saturday @ Joyful Healthy Eats
Featured on What’s Cooking Wednesday @ Buns in My Oven
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.