Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese – This grilled cheese sandwich bread is stuffed with melty cheese, rotisserie chicken smothered with hot sauce for the ultimate buffalo chicken sandwich.
This recipe has been on my mind for quite sometime. It’s one of my favorite ways to use those awesome rotisserie chickens from Costco or the grocery store. Have you ever bought a rotisserie chicken? Those things are fabulous and who doesn’t love bringing home meat that’s already cooked?!
But back to buffalo chicken. Everyone in our family enjoys chicken wings. I do despite the grease and grime but….this makes me even happier. I get to eat bread. I get to eat cheese. I get my hot buffalo and I’m not a greasy mess. Oh yes!
This succulent sandwich makes THE perfect lunch. Everyone in my family loves it. It’s super simple to throw together when you already have cooked chicken. And it’s the perfect twist on a classic.
As long as you like wings and sandwiches I’m pretty sure you’ll love this. But don’t forget to leave a comment and let everyone else know what you think.
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 4 slices of hearty thick sandwich bread
- 3 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- In a small bowl sour cream and hot sauce. Stir in chicken.
- Spread the outsides of the bread with butter. Place a slice of bread butter-side down in a skillet and half of the chicken mixture. Top with a sliced of mozzarella cheese. Follow it with another slide of bread, butter-side up. Cook until the cheese is melted and sandwich is golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.Serve immediately!
You’ll also enjoy these recipes:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.