Cheese stuffed banana peppers. Bacon wrapped peppers are stuffed with cheddar and cream cheeses are the perfect appetizers for picnics, the big game and parties.
Oh. My. Goodness.
These stuffed peppers are amazing. If you’ve never been a pepper fan, please reconsider. I am not a huge pepper lover. But these things are amazing. They will make perfect party appetizers.
Cheesy. Gooey. Bacon-y. Who doesn’t love bacon? OK. I’ll have to shut up but they really are that good.
If you are not a fan of hot just skip the jalapeno. I personally like the little zip that they add.
My oldest son loves hot. I mean hot. He puts hot sauce on his spaghetti. He has put it on chicken salad and pizza.
I do not lie. This boy of my inhales these things. He probably wishes they are hotter. I like them just as they are because I’m a mild girl. *wink*
Banana peppers are in season so stock up at your local produce stand or farmers market. Look for large banana peppers, 6-7″ in length. They will be much easier to stuff.
This recipe was adapted from here.
I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know what you think.
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers
- 6 large banana peppers
- 1 cup 4 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 small green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thick cut bacon slices
- Cut tops off banana peppers. Slit peppers in half lengthwise being careful not to slit through both sides. Remove seeds.
- Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, tomato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff peppers with cheese mixture. Wrap with bacon slice. Secure with a toothpick. Place on a rack with broiler pan. Broil for 4-5 minutes per side until golden and oozing.
Adapted from Southern Living
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.