Chocolate Crinkle cookies. Chocolate cookies coated in powdered sugar and soft as can be. These bake up perfectly and melt in your mouth. Chocolate crinkles are our Christmas favorite.
These chocolate crinkle cookies are probably one of my all time favorite cookies. I know you’ve seen them before. I’m fairly certain you’ve eaten them before. Nothing super fancy. Nothing festive with red and green. But for me they’re simply irresistible. They’ve always been one of my fav cookies to make at Christmas time.
Look at that decadent chocolate and fluffy powdered sugar. It’s like a dreamy snowy chocolate winter day. Well… I can do without the snow but, seriously these make me think of a cold wintry day and you come in to a warm mug of coffee and these delicious little things.
You know the drill. Chill the dough. Roll into cute little balls and roll in that fluffy white powdered sugar. Pop ém on a baking tray and bake for a few minutes. Super simple for such a perfect cookie!
So now I want to know…what is your ultimate cookie??? Like the one you just can’t imagine not baking or having around at Christmas. Kind of fun to think about, huh? Sort of like thinking about my next lens purchase or the coolest picture I just captured. Or the next vacation. Some things are just so cool to dwell on and muddle around in your mind.
Sometimes it’s thinking and praying about this child of mine with another ear ache.
Sometimes it’s praying for my friends who are going through such difficulties that my heart aches for them.
I’m so thankful for this Christmas season because more than anything it brings me hope. Hope for restoration. Hope for provision. Hope for His plan.
Thanks for being here friends. Enjoy this CHRISTmas season. It means love came down for YOU.
Til we meet and eat again,
- 1⅓ cups (8 ounces) chopped bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- ½ cup (4 ounces, 1 stick) unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup (4¾ ounces) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅔ cups (7 ounces) all purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar* (for coating)
- In a small microwave safe bowl heat the chocolate and butter in microwave until butter is melted. Stir until mixture is smooth and melted.
- In a separate bowl beat together sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate mixture, baking powder and salt. Then add in flour. Cover dough and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Place confectioners sugar in a small bowl. Scoop heaping sized teaspoons of dough. Roll in the palm of your hand to form a smooth ball. Roll into confectioners sugar and place on lightly greased or parchment lined pan about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake in a 325 degrees preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. These taste much better slightly under baked. Remove from oven. Let cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from: King Arthur Flour