Mocha latte parfaits. These pretty parfaits combine chocolate, coffee and cream to make an easy yet decadent dessert. Make ahead and pretty, perfect to serve to dinner guests for the holidays.
I came across these treats while browsing through my vast array of cookbooks. They looked so decadent and it’s been quite awhile since I went all out and made a decadent treat like this one.
I simply couldn’t resist the beauty of chocolate, coffee and mousse in a pretty little parfait. After looking at these, could you resist? When it comes to chocolate and coffee it’s like my eyes light up, my heart speeds up a little, my cheeks warm. If I didn’t know any better I’d think I have a crush on this combo.
Well those are all tell tale signs so maybe I do….you never know. Just don’t tell my awesome hubby. He may get a wee bit jealous. Next thing I know he’ll coming strolling into the bedroom in chocolate underwear with coffee cologne. OK> MEL > STOP > ALREADY >
I’m laughing just thinking about it! He’s going to be horrified. Oh well. He sealed the deal with me 15 years ago. There’s nothing to be done. *wink*
Til we meet and eat again,
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- chocolate jimmies
- 3 tablespoons half and half cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- In the microwave melt ½ cup chocolate chips and shortening together in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Dip the rims of four parfait glasses in melted chocolate. Sprinkle with jimmies. Let stand until dried and set.
- In a small saucepan, combine the half and half cream, egg yolks, vanilla, coffee granules and remaining chocolate chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Let cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream. Add in remaining cream. Beat cream mixture just until it begins to thicken. Then add confectioners' sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold in 1½ cups of cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon about ¼ cup chocolate mousse into each parfait glass. Spoon or pipe about ¼ cup cream mixture over mousse. Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Recipe from Taste of Home
Oh my gosh….these parfaits are insane, Melanie! Obviously in the best possible way! I need these and that’s just that. 🙂
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
These parfaits look incredible, Melanie! Chocolate and coffee are one of my favorite combinations, too. I love your gorgeous presentation!
Kristine @ Kristine's Kitchen says
Coffee and chocolate – yum! These parfaits are so pretty, and would be perfect to serve to guests or keep all for myself. 🙂
Allie | Baking a Moment says
I think I might have a crush on this combo too! Love this gorgeous dessert, Melanie!
I love parfaits, Melanie, and these look so elegant and delicious! 🙂
Natalie @ Tastes Lovely says
Chocolate underwear and coffee cologne, haha! You’re so funny Melanie! These parfaits would be a perfect dessert for a dinner party this December. Love that they’re in champagne glasses. Ooh la la! Pinned!
Annie @Maebells says
You are cracking me up! 🙂 These look beautiful! So elegant but not too much work! I love it!
My daughter will love this, no more going to the big box store for a flavored coffee.
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
love these mocha latte parfaits!! so festive and perfect for the holidays!!!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
Beautiful and perfect parfaits! I need one of these for an afternoon snack!
Chris @ Shared Appetite says
These are beautiful Melanie! Perfect for a holiday dinner party dessert!
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
These parfaits are gorgeous, Melanie! Love the combo and I think I have a crush on them too! They look so elegant and are perfect for the holidays!
YOu’re so sweet Kelly!
Ashley | The Recipe Rebel says
I definitely could NOT resist! Chocolate and coffee are my two true loves! Aside from my husband and child, of course 😉
Then this is just for you Ashley! Glad you stopped by. 🙂
Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps says
Just gorgeous Melanie!!!
I love that you served these out of such fancy glasses! I’m sure that makes them even more fun to eat. Although, I’m also sure that the mocha latte part is plenty fun on its own.
These look SO nice and creamy. I’m craving one!
Love this, so pretty!!!
Nicola - Pink Recipe Box says
These parfaits look so beautiful – I especially love the chocolate sprinkles around the top of the glass!
My husband and I are obsessed with all things coffee – I am in love with these parfaits! Pinning!
Thanks Beth! I am too. I see nothing wrong with that though!
House in Tillford says
I love pretty individual desserts like this- perfect for dinner parties!
Thanks for stopping by!