Chocolate Dipped Orange Sugar Cookies – Homemade sugar cookie dipped in creamy semisweet chocolate with fresh orange taste. These citrus and chocolate cookies are amazing!
Friends, I just participated in my first Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. It was so fun. The anticipation. The tastes. The surprise. I loved it.
Last year I shared these amazing chocolate cookies.
This year I’m serving up these amazingly good Chocolate Dipped Orange Sugar Cookies. The citrus flavor combined with the chocolate is so delish!
This was my second year participating in this wonderful event. If you haven’t heard about it before, it’s for food blogger’s from across the country participate in a cookie swap coordinated and led by Linsday from Love and Olive Oil and Julie from The Little Kitchen.
All proceeds this year go to support Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, an amazing non-profit organization funding new therapies in the fight against pediatric cancer.
Each participant is matched with three random food bloggers who you send a dozen of your favorite cookies to. In return, we each receive a dozen cookies from three “mystery” food bloggers to enjoy as well.
If you’re a food blogger I highly recommend participating next year. It’s for a great cause. It’s a great way to be introduced to other bloggers around the country. And of course, who doesn’t love cookies in the mail?
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Chocolate Dipped Orange Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoon half and half or milk
- For Dipping:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla just until mixed through. Stir in flour. If dough is too crumbly mix in 1-2 tablespoons half and half.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. You can also use a glass for round cookies. Smear with a bit of softened butter or shortening to prevent sticking.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes (depends on size) or until set. Bottoms should be light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
For Chocolate Dipping:
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on high power for 1 minute. Stir. If it's not smooth, microwave for 15 seconds increments until melted. Stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.