Take 5 Chocolate caramel Pretzel Cookies
Peanut butter dough balls stuffed pretzels, chocolate, caramel. All around delicious cookies crunch and softness.
I adore chocolate and caramel together. Can you tell? That’s two cookies recipes in one week and they both involve chocolate and caramel. I can’t help myself friends. Send help, now! There has to be help for girls like me. Or you could just leave me hopelessly in love with this combo and that would be OK too.
This one however is completely different, made with peanut butter, chunky or creamy and adding the crunch of pretzels. These cookies are phenomenal!
So here’s the run down of the Take 5:
- peanut butter
Sounds like a good combo, huh? I think so!
Til we meet and eat again,
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy (or creamy) peanut butter
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pretzel twists, lightly crushed
- 36 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and peanut butter. Mix for several minutes until light and creamy. Scrape down bowl. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix again until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully incorporated. Add half of flour mixture. Mix on low. Add in remaining flour mixture. Mix just until dough is combined. Stir in pretzels by hand.
- Cut rolos in half. Flatten slightly (you can skip this step if you're rushed for time). Take approximately 1½ tablespoons of dough. Press rolo halves in center and cover over. Place all of shaped cookies on greased baking sheet or parchment lined sheet and refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes before removing to cooling rack. This will allow them to finish baking on cookie sheet.
The chill time allows cookies to stay more rounded when baking.
Crunchy or creamy peanut butter can be used. The peanuts in the crunch or what makes up the Take 5 ingredients.
To get eggs to room temperature more quickly. Place in a warm bowl of water for about 5 minutes.
I used one Rolo, cut in half for each cookie.
Recipe adapted slightly from: Cuisinart
I will gladly take ALL of these insane cookies off your hands! All those flavors you packed inside sound just phenomenal!
They really are! Thanks Sarah.
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen says
This looks like an absolutely delightful combination for a cookie! I’m afraid I probably couldn’t stop eating them! 🙂
That’s always my fear with a cookie like this! Thanks Kristi!
Ashley | The Recipe Rebel says
These cookies have EVERYthing you need in a cookie — wow! I have to admit, I’m not a big pretzel person, but I tried them in cookies for the first time a little while ago and they add such an awesome salty crunch, I’m hooked! I need to try these!
Yay! Here’s to Ashley being open to pretzels! I knew I could reel you in. 😉
Natalie @ Tastes Lovely says
Look at that melty caramel! And I love that you added pretzels! Salty and sweet is my favorite combo!
Caramel gets me every time! Thanks Natalie!
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
These cookies have everything I love! Sweet and salty is the best! They look amazing!
Sweet and salty definitely make a great combo!
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
oh my goodness. . these cookies are packed with everything I love!!!! kind of reminds me of the ben and jerry’s ice cream, “everything but the”. . so so so good!! love these cookies!!
I’ll have to check out that ice cream. Sounds good! Thanks Alice!
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl says
Chocolate + Caramel + Pretzels = perfect! Loving these cookies Melanie!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
Take 5 bars are my favorite candy bar! I love this cookie!
Really, then these were meant just for you Julianne!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I absolutely love these cookies, Melanie! Take 5’s are my favorite candy bars! These cookies look so perfect, can’t wait to try them! Pinned!
Thanks for pinning Gayle!
Annie @Maebells says
Oh man! These are amazing! I am such a sucker for a good soft chewy cookie! The pretzels just take it over the top!
Me too, Annie!
Jessy @ The Life Jolie says
Salty and sweet- the best flavor combo- these look delicious.
Thank you Jessy! Glad you stopped by today.
These are amazing cookies!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar says
I love Take 5 bars and I’m loving all that gooeyness is there! These look awesome!
Thanks Lindsay! So glad you stopped by today.
Chris @ Shared Appetite says
These cookies look amazing!! What’s not to love?!?! And with a day and a half before Christmas… I still have time to pump these bad boys out!!! Cookies 4 life!!!
Leia @ Eat It & Say Yum says
Wow, these look delicious! I found you in the Recipe Box Facebook page. Pinned!
Thanks for stopping by Leia! And thanks for pinning!
Billie Townsend says
Do you just use a half of each Rolo for each cookie?
I use 2 halves of Rolo. I’ve added a note. Good luck with the cookies Billie!
Billie Townsend says
Thanks for reply. I only used a half. Next time I will use both halves. Wasn’t sure about temp so I set it at 325. But they turned out awesome. So yummy. I bet they will be even more awesome with both halves. Thanks for the recipe!
Billie Townsend says
What temp to bake at?
Sorry about that Billie! The standard 350. I’ll update the recipe.
Heather in CA says
I just found these on Pinterest and am excited to make them since Take 5 is my favorite candy bar. I am a little concerned about the 55 hour total time, however. 😉
That is EXTREMELY concerning. 🙂 Gotta check up on that. Enjoy the cookies when you make them!