These Chocolate Covered Pretzels are topped with a delicious choice of toasted or sweetened coconut. Milk dark or semisweet these are fabulous to eat or present as gifts.
I grew up with a sweet tooth. I still have a sweet tooth. Part of me hates my sweet tooth. The rest of me loves it! I mean how fun could life really be without chocolate? Or coconut? This combines three of my favorites rolled into one.
Occasionally growing up we would go to the dollar store and be allowed to pick out a treat. I can remember many times choosing chocolate covered pretzels. I loved them so much! I still do. But I decided to make them even better by adding the delicious taste of coconut.
These are versatile. Sweetened or unsweetened. Toasted or untoasted. Milk, semisweet or dark chocolate. Pretzel rods or traditional. The options are many.
In the photos pictured you see toasted unsweetened coconut and sweetened coconut. I used dark chocolate for both traditional and honey pretzel sticks. The taste turned out fabulous! But use what you have on hand or what suites your tastes.
These will look perfect on a holiday dessert display or to wrap up and present as gifts. Just be sure not to let them melt on the way there. 🙂
Til we meet and eat again,
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark, semisweet or milk)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- various pretzels (rods, sticks, traditional)
- coconut or toasted coconut
- Prepare a baking sheet or something similar and cover with wax paper or parchment paper. Microwave chocolate chips with coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 15 second increments until smooth and creamy. Place the pretzel in the chocolate, move around a bit to get it fully covered and then transfer to tray with a fork. Immediately sprinkle with coconut.
- Place in refrigerator to harden for 15 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container. Eat within a few days.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.