Coconut Lime Cupcakes – Soft coconut lime cupcakes with a hint of vanilla and topped with a rich coconut buttercream frosting.
Hey Melanie and Brooklynne, here with a fabulous recipe. That’s right, my darling daughter made these for you (and mostly by herself). That sweet girl just celebrated her 12th birthday. Don’t even ask me how that got here so quickly. I still remember her little fountain head of hair at the age of 1. And her sweet little voice at the age of 4. Sigh. It all happens right before your eyes.
Before you know it, your daughter comes home from school and announces that she’s making her own cupcakes to take to school. Well, gosh I guess you don’t your momma any more do you? Actually she made these herself and then let me photograph and present them here on the blog. Because I knew you would just love how pretty they turned out.
Even though this child looks nothing like me, in some ways I feel like I have a mini-me on my hands. Minus the fact that I never dared make homemade baked goods on my own at the age of 12. This girl definitely has potential!
So if you have any sweet comments for my girl, I’ll be sure to share them with her to boost her confidence.
And hopefully I’ll have Brooklynne here again soon to share something else delicious. She really is a great baker!
Want more coconut recipes? Go HERE to see them?
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract or almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
Coconut Lime Buttercream
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks softened
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- additional coconut for sprinkling.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in coconut.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Mix butter in a large bowl on medium speed for about 5 minutes, until fluffy. Add confectioner's sugar slowly, stirring to combine. Add half and half cream, lime zest, coconut extract and lime juice. Beat for about 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes with a large dollop of buttercream. Top with shredded coconut and lime zest if desired.
Cupcake recipe adapted from : Taste of Home
Coconut Buttercream is Gather for Bread original.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.