Coconut Chocolate Muffins – Moist and flavorful. Cream cheese adds richness, coffee adds flavor. Perfect for breakfast or dessert or anytime you’re craving something sweet.
We all know by now that I’m a coconut freak, right? It’s pretty obvious with recipes. This awesome decadent bread, this ultra delicious smoothie, these sweet giftable almonds and this fabulous blackberry drink. There’s plenty more coconut recipes here on the blog. You can check them out here → Coconut Recipes
And if you’re obsessed like me please follow along with our Coconut Obsession Group Board on Pinterest. Lots of amazing recipes to quench your coconut desires!
As soon as I saw these in my Taste of Home cookbook I knew. I just knew. These were begging to be made and eaten. So I stirred and I baked and I stared photographed and I finally I got to indulge.
Yes, they were worthy of every second spent waiting. Every moment I spent photographing, editing and writing this post and pictures. Worth it all. What are you waiting for friend? If you like coconut these are screaming out your name!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Other Amazing Muffin Recipes from Blogger Friends:
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins – Sally’s Baking Addiction
Skinny Chocolate Muffins – Crazy for Crust
Peanut Butter Honey Oat Muffins – A Kitchen Addiction
Coconut Almond Flaxseed Muffins – Hip Foodie Mom
Coconut Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons <g class="gr_ gr_106 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="106" data-gr-id="106">all purpose</g> flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans optional
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brewed coffee room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, <g class="gr_ gr_115 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep gr-progress" id="115" data-gr-id="115">sugar</g> and flour until smooth. Add egg. Beat. Stir in 2/3 cup chocolate chips; set aside.
- In another small bowl combine coconut, pecans (optional) and chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour brown sugar, cocoa, baking <g class="gr_ gr_92 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="92" data-gr-id="92">soda</g> and cinnamon. Combine coffee and coconut oil.
- Stir the coffee/oil into the dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fill <g class="gr_ gr_90 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="90" data-gr-id="90">paper lined</g> muffin cups half full. Spoon 1 tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture on the top center of each. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of coconut mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until <g class="gr_ gr_91 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="91" data-gr-id="91">toothpick</g> inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove to <g class="gr_ gr_93 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="93" data-gr-id="93">wire</g> rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted slightly from: Taste of Home
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.