I sense a theme with the dark chocolate and peanut butter for me for a while. It’s so delicious together. I just can’t get enough. This dark chocolate peanut butter recipe gets me going in the morning but then a little while later I need something to recharge.
My oldest son loves desserts with peanut butter. He couldn’t describe in words how delicious he thought these were. It was an awesome reaction. I love hearing their comments after they try something new I baked. It’s priceless.
Oh by the way, I had no idea how hard it was to photograph dark chocolate cookies. Geez. There was perfectly good lighting coming in the kitchen window and yet it was so difficult to get them to look good. Oh well, something to work on in the future I guess. Maybe a new lens in the near future would be nice. Hint, hint hubby if you’re reading this!
Needless to say I had a lot of fun taking pictures of these but every time a kid walked by he grabbed a few of my morsels. I guess it did look tempting indeed.
Grab some ingredients and get to work making these delicious treats.
Love and blessings,
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz peanut butter chips or 1/2 peanut butter + 1/2 milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, dark cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at time. Beat well after each one.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until outside is firm but center seems slightly soft. Cool on baking sheets for several minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.