Friday Fabulous Things Week 22
Happy Friday. Fridays I’m celebrating the good in my life and the fabulous things that I come across in my little part of the world.
PLUS, there’s 2 NEW recipes, a weekly menu plan and A NEW updated post with video. Come take a peek into my week. SCROLL down to see them. ⬇⬇⬇
- Well, it was our first official week of summer. It went pretty well. I created a fun summer bucket list with input from the kids. I’m trying not to get my hopes up that we’ll do every single thing. But use it more as a list of “in case we’re bored and needs ideas of what to do”. It includes things like a long bike ride, walking to the local shop for ice cream, backyard camping, picking strawberries, visiting Hershey Park, etc. The kids are already begging for that one to happen! Because that sounds like way more fun than strawberry picking, right?!
- Thank goodness it’s summer! My absolute favorite time of the year.
- Although it’s been a bit too chilly still, I’m so thankful for our pool. It’s our 2nd year of having it and it definitely makes summer more fun. All the kids enjoy swimming and it’s a joy watching them splash around and have a good time. I’m patiently waiting for some really hot days to get that warmer water and it looks like next week I’ll finally be taking a dip. It’s supposed to be in the 90s.
- Yes, to cooling off in the pool. 🌊
- I bought my husband a father’s day gift. It came in a rather large box and I figured the best place to hide it would be our 2nd smaller shed. So I scooted and tugged the box back there all by myself after it was delivered. Tucked as best as I could into a corner and hoped for the best. No. The very next day while we’re outside, husband opens the door and loudly says, “What’s in this box?” And I try to shush him and act like it’s no big deal. And the end of the story is that he received his father’s day gift 3 weeks early. Geez, I stink at this surprising thing. He was happy though. I got him a 2 pack of anti-gravity chairs. Because of course, he wouldn’t want to relax without his wife by his side, right? 😘
- Some day I’ll be better at this, I promise. I just need better hiding spots!
- Last night a friend and I whisked off to Bruster’s for a half-price banana split night. I love random unplanned fun. My kids were bored and I texted her and said “Hey, can we get these kids together. They’re really needing to get out of the house. So we headed over for dinner. And then just the 2 of us went out and it was quite nice to have some uninterrupted time alone.
- Good friends + ice cream = winning!
- Last Saturday morning was spent at a local organic/natural foods sale. The proceeds go to help a local charity. They have a ton of food for 2 for a $1, $1, etc. And a lot of the items go for a triple to quadruple at the grocery store. So a bunch of us neighborhood girls go with our wagons and carts and stock up. The sale is all done by word of mouth with zero advertising. The sale has gotten out of control. Even though I got a ton of great deals, it was so crowded and hard to maneuver and get around. But hey, I got organic tomato soup exactly like this one here for $.50 each. Woot. I got organic coconut milk exactly like this one here for $.50. I stocked up on artichokes, pasta, tea bags and more.
- What good deals!
- I’m still running 2-3 times a week. And what great weather we had this week. It was perfect. I’m still slowly increasing my distance. And yesterday I completed 8 miles. Yay! I’m celebrating. I haven’t run that far in at least 2 years when I sprained my ankle
- Celebrating the success and thankful that my body feels strong and healthy right now.
- And I’m saving my favorite for last. You all know how much I adore Cents of Style tees, right? I wear them a lot. OK. Probably way too often! But they’re so soft, comfy and I love all the different graphics with cute sayings. Today you can get the NEWest summer t-shirts for $10 off with FREE ship. Use code TANKS17. Great deal but now the hard part. On a budget, I can only choose one, which one should it be?!
I think you’ll want to check out what’s new this week.
NEW Chef’s Salad
NEWLY Updated with Video Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread
NEW Weekly Menu
NEW Cheesy Pesto Bread
RECIPES / BLOG POSTS FROM THE PAST
1 YEAR AGO
BACON RANCH GRILLED POTATOES
2 YEARS AGO
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
3 YEARS AGO
Chickn Caesar Panini
Have a great weekend! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.