There are 2 basic soups in this world: Creamy and broth based. Which one do you prefer?
I honestly can’t choose! There’s so many great ones that my mind just zings back and forth like a pinball game. Creamy is definitely a winner because I adore this cauliflower soup.
No! Broth based soups are better because I simply couldn’t image a winter without this tortellini soup.
So in my mind it boils down to this. There is no clear winner. It will forever be a battle against good and good. Friends, I have lots of soups here on the blog for you to check out.
Fan of tomato soup? Give this one a try?
Want a man’s man soup? My guys love this bowl of delight!
Something for the slow cooker? Why not give this tasty one a go?
And the most popular soup on the blog right now? This comfort food. It’s one of my 5 top soup favorites too! 🙂
Now let’s get tot he fun. Today we are celebrating along with David from Spiced Blog. David and his wife, Laura are expecting a new baby boy. Congratulations David and Laura! Excited for you.
Be sure to check out all my wonderful fellow bloggers who are joining in for the big surprise with lots of man food for the party.
Something Amazing by Real Food By Dad
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Ham Potato and Corn Chowder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk I use 2%
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 1/2 lbs ham cubed
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Pour in the milk and half and half and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, corn and celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Continue to cook about 15-18 minutes until the potatoes and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the ham. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until thoroughly heated.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.