Homemade Garlic Parmesan Croutons – How to make croutons at home using stale bread. So easy and much more flavor than the store bought.
Crunchy, flavorful and perfect on every salad.
Today’s post is all about the crunch. The crunch on the salad that is. Growing up I wouldn’t eat a salad without croutons. I’m pretty sure I’m grown up a lot since then and now I will. But isn’t a salad always better with a little crunch?!
These start with some stale bread. That’s right. Take your day or 2 old bread and you’ve got something to use it for. Homemade croutons. These were made with French Bread but any crusty bread will work well. You could also try Ciabatta, Italian or a simple round loaf.
These homemade garlic Parmesan croutons have got the crunch, the flavor, and the easy-peasy factor. Well, I’m not gonna lie to you. It will take more effort than grabbing that store-bought bag out of the pantry. But if you ever have time in your many beautiful years on this Earth, make homemade croutons at least once. You will taste a huge difference! Aren’t they gorgeous!?
My kids could tell right away and they and my husband began eating them like they were M&M’s or something. I quickly had to put them in a container and get them out of sight or we wouldn’t even have enough to enjoy with a salad. Of course, I was glad they enjoyed them but heck they were meant for salad!
I also may or may not have thrown something like this out there: “If you want croutons, you need to eat a salad. If you don’t, well I guess you won’t be getting any.” There are so many terrific and bright ideas to bribe your kids. Have you ever tried this method? #notproudmotheringjustpractical 🙂
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Homemade Garlic Parmesan Croutons
- 3 cups day-old bread ( I used French Bread in these photos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine bread with the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Spread the bread cubes out on a large sheet pan. Space them out evenly.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. Stir bread cubes. Bake for another 5 minutes or until slightly golden brown and crunchy. Bake until a nice golden brown and they will feel crispy.
- Store in an airtight container for about 1 week.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman
Related articles across the web
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.