Homemade Yellow Corn Bread – Slightly sweet golden yellow corn bread. Simple homemade bread recipe made with milk, perfect with chili or soup. Make as muffins or a loaf.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
BLOGLOVIN’ | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | SNAPCHAT: @GATHERFORBREAD | TWITTER | PERISCOPE
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
To make this recipe well:
Homemade Yellow Corn Bread
Slightly sweet golden yellow corn bread. simple homemade bread recipe made with milk, and Greek yogurt, perfect with chili or soup. Make as muffins or a loaf.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg whisked
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt nonfat
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, milk, egg and Greek yogurt. Stir until fully combined. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture. Stir until fully incorporated. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Alternately you can pour into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Fill to 2/3 full. Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes.
Leave a Reply