Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars – Soft pumpkin bars, taste like cake, topped with sweet fluffy cream cheese frosting. Fall flavors that are perfect for a crowd like potlucks and bake sales.
These pumpkin bars are far too good for my waistline. I’ll give you a back story in a minute. But first let me just say these are my jam right now. They’re decadent, sweet and easy to make.
Perfect for sharing with a crowd and honestly I can’t imagine someone would turn one down unless you are watching your sugar intake at the moment.
Look at the whole pan. What are you waiting for? This is just begging you to invite some friends or neighbors over. Or also perfect for sending to a new momma or bringing to a fall bonfire. Nom-nom. Have I given you enough reasons yet?
I survived an entire week without sugar on 21Day Fix Extreme. I’m hilarious I know. I have to call it 21 Day fix but I didn’t do it for 21 days. I only survived for 8. Hey, no judgement, right? Before I know I’ll be able to sail through these diets without sugar. The Whole 30 had me all miserable. I mean, I’m a food blogger for crying out lout. I love food. Taking away entire food groups like sugar and carbs leaves me feeling a little helpless for sure.
But look out January, after all this holiday appeal of food, I’ll be starting the year off with something good.
This makes such a great pan of bars that I was able to share them with several friends and still have enough for our family. So be sure to note that this may make more than you need. But this the perfect opportunity to share with those around. Blessings and love.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can 15 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 15x10x1" baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
For the bars:
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, egg and oil in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg allspice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine. Add to pumpkin mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
For the frosting:
- Using a mixer, combine softened cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Frost bars with cream cheese frosting once cool. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
You may also enjoy these recipes:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.