Rosemary Skillet Rolls – Soft, delicious rosemary rolls bake up beautifully in a skillet. Easy for new bread bakers. Lots of charm without the fuss. Perfect serving with your favorite dinner or soup.
I’m guest posting for my good friend Beth over at Home Stories A to Z today! I’ve known her since we went to MOPS together way back when our kids were preschoolers. She’s a superstar in the home decor and DIY blogging field. Her home is amazing. Get over there and check out her site, it’s awesome!
Recently Beth and I met for lunch and we talked all things bloggy. Which was incredibly wonderful for me because I don’t know many local bloggers at all. This was an incredibly nice time to get perspective and feedback from someone who is obviously doing something right. Beth has a great following on Pinterest and Facebook. And for good reason.
Thanks Beth! I appreciate the opportunity.
Click here to go check out the Rosemary Skillet Rolls and download the recipe. These are super soft and easy for the baker who doesn’t know everything. Perfect for your dinner table! Make sure to introduce yourself to Beth and tell her Melanie sent you!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Rosemary Skillet Rolls
- 1/4 cup warm water about 110 degrees
- 2 1/4 teaspoons 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm milk I recommend 2%, about 110 degrees
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 - 1/4 cups bread flour plus additional for surface
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- sea salt
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small measuring cup or bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or until frothy. <g class="gr_ gr_118 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="118" data-gr-id="118">Meanwhile</g> heat milk in 2 <g class="gr_ gr_117 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="117" data-gr-id="117">cup</g> measuring cup in <g class="gr_ gr_116 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="116" data-gr-id="116">microwave</g> to 110 degrees. Add butter. Stir gently.
- Using a large mixing bowl and fitted with flat beater combine yeast mixture and milk mixture together. Add egg and honey. Mix for 30 seconds. Stir in 3 cups flour and salt. Once fully combined switch to <g class="gr_ gr_119 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="119" data-gr-id="119">dough</g> hook and scrape down sides of <g class="gr_ gr_120 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="120" data-gr-id="120">bowl</g>. Increase speed to medium. After 2 minutes if <g class="gr_ gr_121 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="121" data-gr-id="121">dough</g> still seems sticky add in up to 1/4 cup more flour. Knead for <g class="gr_ gr_122 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="122" data-gr-id="122">another 3-5 minutes</g> or until dough comes together and is smooth. It should <g class="gr_ gr_124 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="124" data-gr-id="124">slaps</g> sides of <g class="gr_ gr_123 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="123" data-gr-id="123">bowl</g> and stick to the bottom. Let dough rest for 10 minutes
- Flour a smooth work surface. Plop dough down and flatten to a 1/2 inch or so rectangle. Divide into 12 equal pieces using a pizza cutter or dough scraper.
- Roll each piece into a smooth round ball. Use the palm of your hand to roll gently until it pulls together.
- Place dough balls in <g class="gr_ gr_98 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="98" data-gr-id="98">a oiled</g> skillet or round pan and cover with a kitchen towel. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Let rolls rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 17-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with fresh rosemary and salt. Best served warm.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.