Sweet and Crunchy Peanuts – Glazed peanuts with a sweet homemade mixture of sugar and butter for easy snacking. Perfect for the holidays! Homemade gift from your kitchen to theirs.
Hey friends. I’m welcoming in these last few weeks of December. It’s that time of year for finalizing gift lists and wrapping and more.
There are those certain people in my life who I appreciate so very much but sadly, forget about gifting until I’m all the sudden like. “Hey, that bus driver, she’s amazing. I really want to give her something. And that neighbor, they’re so sweet to me.”
I need to show my gratitude. That’s where these kitchen gifts from the heart come in.
Like these incredibly sweet and crunchy peanuts. Easy to make, perfect for gifts.
Last minute gift? Look no further.
I love those Planters peanuts that they seem to only sell one time of year. Christmas time. That’s the only time I can find them. Which is so incredibly wrong.
The first year I tried them at my dad’s and I ate the whole can myself they were so good. Then I had to wait a whole entire year to find them again. A girl shouldn’t have to wait that long for some peanuts she really likes, right? I thought so.
So I decided the ingredient list looked simple. I’ll make myself. No problem. It was so much easier than I expected. Wow.
Place these in a cute little jar with a ribbon and off they go to a neighbor, friend, hairdresser or whoever else you want to bless with something not sweet and fun. So indulge and share with care.
The first time I made these the only people I got to bless were my children. They couldn’t keep their hands off of them. And unfortunately, there were none left to gift. The great news is that they are so simple that it only takes a few minutes to whip up some more.
If you try these let us know what you think!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Sweet and Crunchy Peanuts - Easy Gift
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups lightly salted or unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- In a heavy or cast iron skillet melt butter. Add the sugar and peanuts stirring to combine. Continue to stir over medium heat until mixtures crumbles and crystallizes. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add water. Will sizzle at first. Continue stirring.
- The mixture will begin to caramelize. Cook and stir continuously over medium-low heat for about 7-10 minutes being careful not to burn it. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Immediately remove to a baking sheet and allow to cool. Break up clumps if needed.
- To gift, wait until cooled and place in jars or takeout containers.
Garlic Herb Butter Label
Subscribe here to print this Garlic Herb Butter Labels for FREE and you'll be signed up to get ALL our latest FREE printables and recipes.