Cinnamon Swirl Breakfast Bread – A traditional cinnamon swirl bread. A simple yet perfect yeast bread with just the right amount of spice. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or as toast.
Can you believe Mother’s Day is just around the corner? Wow. Spring is flying by in the blink of an eye. I’m holding on tight desperately trying to get it to slow down. We’ve been able to do homework out on the glider, squirt water guns and pick fresh lilacs from the backyard.
This boys warms my heart. He may be all boy but he’s got some sweetness in there too. I cut some lilacs for the kitchen and my dude came right alongside and cut some for himself. He proceeded to blow them and sniff them. Ahh…the innocence of children.
So for today the spotlight is on you, cinnamon swirl breakfast bread. You totally shine. You don’t need lots of words or convincing. You just shine right through. You and that slab of butter…you do.
Perfect for lunch or brunch. Toasted or not. Buttered or not. And oh so perfect for French Toast. Gimme. Gimme.
So I was all proud of making this beauty of a bread. My hubby comes home and asks, “Where are the raisins?” He’s not being ungrateful. It’s just this ‘thing’ we have now. I hardly ever bake with them and he is always wanting to know about their existence.
So I told him surely next time I may this bread there will be raisins dear. But I personally thought it was fabulous on it’s own. But hey I’m not the raisin freak. Feel free to add them as you wish, my dear friends. I won’t shun you or call you a raisin freak. I promise!
I do love swirl breads. I made rye bread recently and be still my heart. I couldn’t get enough of those swirls. So I’m trying to think of other swirl breads I can try. Got any suggestions? I’d love to hear them in the comments. Got any ideas even if they don’t presently exist? I’m all ears for those too.
Thanks for being here friends!
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- Melt butter in microwave using a microwave safe bowl. Let cool for several minutes In a large mixing bowl combine milk, melted butter sugar, yeast, flour, salt and cinnamon. Mix with flat beater just until combined. Switch to dough hook and knead for about 7-8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll dough into approximately an 18-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the dough. Roll up each rectangle from a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
Linked on: Buns in My Oven
You may also enjoy these:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.