Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Quick banana bread made substituting applesauce for some of the butter and made with whole wheat flour and organic sugar and chocolate chips. Better ingredients, less fat, still delicious.
In case you don’t know me by now. You know… maybe this is your first visit. Maybe it’s your 10th visit. Maybe you’ve been visiting from the beginning but you still didn’t catch on. I’ll let you in on this little secret.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Banana Fudge Cookies
- Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie with Oats
- Chocolate Banana Popsicles
It’s proof that it really is a true love. So, tell me! What’s one of your favorite food combinations? Sweet. Salty. Savory. It doesn’t matter. I’m just curious.
This banana bread is not only delicious but it’s healthy. I’ve subbed out some of the butter for applesauce. This allows the bread to be moist without the unwanted fat. Win!
It’s also made with all whole wheat flour. But you can’t even tell. That’s the best part. Win (2)!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
TO MAKE THIS RECIPE WELL:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup raw or organic sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter, applesauce and sugars. Add in eggs and mashed bananas. Stir well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda,
saltand cinnamon. Stir into creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Mix well but don't overmix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased and floured standard sized loaf pan 9 in x 5 in or line loaf pan with parchment paper, grease parchment. (This allows for easiest removal from pan.)
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes or until
toothpickinserted comes out clean. Place pan on wire rack. Let cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to finish cooling.
Proud Amazon affiliate. Links in this post give me a small portion to help support my blog.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.