Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes – light and fluffy pancakes with fresh banana flavor and bursting with bites of coconut. A breakfast that gives a delicious start to the day.
This is pretty much a combination of my favorite 3 breakfast flavors all put together in some delicious pancakes. Seriously, I just adore chocolate and banana everything these days. YUM!
Add coconut to the mix and it’s a match made in heaven for sure. I’ll share a little secret. I’ve never been a pancake fan. Always thought they were boring. Not worth the calories. One of the driest foods I’ve ever eaten, etc.
Add this great little ingredient called banana and all the sudden I love them. That was quite a few months ago. Then I thought, “Why not add some coconut?” Coconut is one of my greatest loves of all time. Especially in the dessert and breakfast worlds. Love the flavor. It’s just phenomenal.
So, now I have another great breakfast to enjoy and I thought maybe you’d enjoy it too. So here it is in all of it’s wonder and delight.
These babies turned this pancake frowner into a pancake smiler.
I’d love to know! Are you a pancake lover or not?
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. Items purchase give us a small portion to help support this blog. Thanks for your support!
Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat greased skillet or griddle over medium heat (about 350 degrees) or when a drop of water sizzles.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine buttermilk, banana, egg, vanilla and coconut oil. Blend well. Stir in flour mixture. Do not over mix. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto heated griddle. Cook until golden brown. Flip. Repeat on other side. Keep warm. I place mine in the oven on the warm setting as I continue to cook.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.