Avocado Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich – Creamy avocado substitutes for mayonnaise in this fresh classic sandwich.
Avocados are one of my newest food loves. It’s definitely a food that had to grow on me but now that it has…the possibilities are endless! I’ve been using it on tacos, sandwiches and the infamous guacamole leaves my snack craving satisfied all the time.
During our recent tea party we got on the subject of the avocado. A friend suggested I try it in place of mayo and so here we have it friends. A creamy avocado egg salad sandwich paired with crisp delicious bacon. This sandwich was absolutely amazing. I’ve always enjoyed egg salad and deviled eggs but wasn’t sure what I would think of mayo-less egg salad. But at last I’ve found a crazy good solution that I enjoy.
So I apologize if this old news and you’ve already used avocado as a replacement for other fats. But maybe you haven’t tried it with bacon. At least maybe that will give you some new inspiration for lunch.
This recipe will be perfect for ‘after Easter eats’. You know all those leftover dyed eggs and you have no idea what to do with them all. This is your NEW healthy solution. I’ve got you covered.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
Avocado Recipes from Friends:
Avocado Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled and halved
- 1 ripe avocado halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- Peel and roughly chop the hard boiled eggs. Place in a small bowl.
- Combine the avocado and lime juice. Mash using a food processor or mixer until desired texture, chunky or creamy. (I like creamy.)
- Add the mashed avocado and Dijon mustard to the eggs. Stir to combine and add in sea salt and dill.
- Spread mixture on a slice of bread. Top with 2 slices of bacon. Finish off with a second slice of bread. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe NotesAvocado will turn brown. It's best to make this recipe and eat it as soon as you prepare it.
This post contains affiliate links for which I get a small portion if you click on and purchase products. Thanks for supporting Gather for Bread.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.