Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins – Soft, tender, and full of flavor and texture from chewy coconut, crunchy pecans, and sweet chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack time treat!
Hi there, Gather for Bread friends! It’s Samantha from Five Heart Home, and I’m so excited to be here. I adore and admire Melanie’s strong faith, sweet spirit, and delicious recipes, so it’s a privilege to be guest posting for her today.
I happen to know that Melanie and her readers love muffins, so I decided to share a twist on one of my very favorite muffin recipes with y’all. I actually took my beloved blueberry muffins and turned them into these yummy Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins. They’re soft, tender, and loaded with goodies that make them absolutely scrumptious!
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up from scratch, and it’s also easy to customize. I chose to add semisweet chocolate chips, chopped pecans (even better if they’re toasted!), and flaked coconut to my batter. But it’s a cinch to swap out the types of chips or nuts you use, and you can even omit the coconut if you prefer.
In the same way, you can make these muffins more wholesome by using whole wheat pastry flour in place of all-purpose flour. Whole wheat pastry flour is 100% whole wheat, but it has a light taste and texture that’s more akin to white flour. So I love using it my baked goods for extra nutrition without the extra “heaviness” that regular whole wheat flour can contribute.
However you choose to adapt them (or not), these Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins make a great breakfast or mid-day snack. They’re easily portable and not too messy. They’d also be a perfect treat to share with friends, neighbors, teachers, or really anyone whose day you’d like to brighten! 🙂 I hope you enjoy this recipe if you have a chance to give it a try!
Thanks again for having me today, Melanie!♥
I’d love for y’all to visit me sometime at Five Heart Home, where I share quick and easy, family-friendly, real food recipes…from wholesome breakfasts (like Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal) to fridge & pantry staples made-from-scratch (like The BEST Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing) to simple, kid-friendly dinners (like Instant Pot Chicken & Black Bean Tacos or Easy Ground Beef & Broccoli) to yummy sweet treats (like 5-Ingredient, 5-Minute Homemade Caramel Sauce)!
OTHER DELICIOUS MUFFINS:
- BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- CINNAMON SUGAR MINI MUFFINS
- COCONUT CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Coconut Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Adjust the oven rack to the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the softened butter, eggs, milk, vanilla, and almond extract until the ingredients are just incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut, and fold in by hand
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about 3/4 full (I like to use a cookie scoop to make this less messy). If desired, press a few chocolate chips and/or pecan pieces into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the muffins just test done with a toothpick, taking care not to overbake. Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.