Simple Banana Coconut Crumb Cake – Easy to make recipe, banana coconut cake with a delicious crumb topping. Simple dessert for those who love those tropical flavors. Put together in 15 minutes.
My friends, you all know by now how much I love me some coconut, right? Coconut is so good in drinks. I mean this one is downright delightful! For breakfast, I could eat these every day! For dessert, these go down good and they’re so simple to make!
For lunch how about this soup? I mean there is no stopping the coconut. It’s versatile and amazing.
Except for those who don’t like coconut. I’m so sorry for you! You’re really missing out on a world of good. I felt that way for years when I didn’t like coffee. I mean for crying out loud! Everyone likes coffee or so it felt. And then one day, I sort of liked the taste and my love grew and grew.
So, there is hope. Taste buds do change. Believe it or not. I tell my kids that all the time. Especially when they’re refusing something healthy.
But, as far as coconut goes, everyone in our house likes it. So I’m usually safe to make as many coconut dishes and treats as I like and there’s plenty of people to share it with. And that’s always the best part of food, sharing it.
Challenge: make something new this week and find a friend or neighbor and share the goodness.
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Simple Banana Coconut Crumb Cake
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut I used unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter to resemble crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture.
- Combine remaining flour mixture with baking powder and baking soda. Add banana, milk and egg. Stir well. Spoon into a greased 8'' square pan. Set aside.
- Mix reserved flour mixture with coconut and water. Sprinkle over batter in pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.