Cheesy Amish Breakfast Casserole – Breakfast bake recipe with bacon, hash browns, cheese, cottage cheese. Comfort food perfect for weekend breakfast or brunch. Make overnight or the same day.
There’s nothing like the comfort and welcoming of a good home cooked breakfast casserole. This one was delicious and everyone in the family wanted a second helping. When that happens I know the recipe is a keeper for sure.
Cheesy Amish breakfast casserole is full of hash browns and bacon and green onions for flavor.
Cottage cheese and eggs for protein. Monterey Jack (or substitute for your favorite) and cheddar for amazing cheesiness. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley for garnish and you have an absolutely delicious breakfast.
Perfect for any weekend brunch or Easter, Mother’s Day and more. My family would happily eat this every single week!
My kids don’t love to eat eggs on their own. But if I add in some hash browns or bacon, they’re sure to dive in and eat it all.
This casserole works great to make the morning of or you can plan ahead and refrigerate overnight for an easy morning breakfast. Just pop it in the oven and you’re good to go.
Enjoy and have a beautiful day.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Amish Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound sliced bacon diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 6 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey jack or similar cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a large skillet , cook bacon over medium heat until bacon crispy. Drain and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine green onions, eggs, hash browns, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and Monterey jack cheese. Stir in bacon. Grease a 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour mixture into the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before serving
This recipe can be made in advanced. Just cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake.
Sprinkle with parsley or oregano for a fresh herb taste.
Recipe adapted slightly from Taste of Home
You may enjoy these:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.