Chocolate Cherry Pull Apart Bread – Cherries and chocolate combine for a delicious pull apart bread made with sweet cherry pie filling and dotted with dark chocolate chunks for a recipe the whole crowd can enjoy.
This post is sponsored by Red Star Yeast
Friends, have you been around Gather for Bread for awhile? You know how much I love creating pull apart breads. This garlic one has been a top 5 post here on Gather for Bread since it was posted 2 years ago. So that indicates that my friends and readers are lovers of pull apart bread too.
First, it’s fun. I mean who doesn’t love the idea of sharing a loaf of bread with friends? Tearing and sharing as you go. It’s just pure joy.
Secondly. Eat what you need and wrap the rest for later. Sure it won’t look as pretty any more. But it sure says “That was a flippin’ awesome party!” Am I right?!
So today I’m sharing an amazing Chocolate Chunk Cherry Pull Apart Bread. I love cherries and I love chocolate so this was bound to happen. If you’re anything like me though, my brain never stops. It’s always coming up with ‘great’ ideas. Some put to paper, some to the app on my phone, some are so fleeting that they’re never even jotted down. The problem with all these great ideas is implementing them and finding the time to actually make them happen.
Want to know what else makes me happy about this bread? I get to cross another one off the list. Woot! I conquered another bread recipe idea. You see several months ago I created a list of bread recipes that I’d still like to conquer in the kitchen. Some variety of chocolate cherry was on the list.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for products, which we get a small portion to help support this blog. Thank you.
Chocolate Cherry Recipes from friends:
Chocolate Covered Cherries – Tastes of Lizzy T
Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie – Pumpkin N Spice
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – The Recipe Rebel
Chocolate Cherry Pull Apart Bread
- 1 packet about 2 1/4 teaspoons Red Star Platinum instant active yeast
- ¾ cup warm milk about 110 degrees
- ¼ cup warm water about 110 degrees
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 4 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- Combine milk, water, and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup. Sprinkle with yeast. Stir until fully dissolved. Let sit for about 10 minutes until it begins to foam.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with flat paddle attachment, pour water/yeast mixture into mixing bowl. Add egg, butter and sugar. Mix on medium speed just until combined, about 1 minute. Add 3 cups all purpose flour. Mix until fully combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Switch to dough hook. Knead on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add in additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary until dough comes together. Dough should stick to bottom of bowl but mostly clear the sides. Dough will be slightly sticky and soft.
- Using a spatula scrape dough into a greased bowl. Turn once to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour or until doubled.
- Meanwhile grease a Bundt pan with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press dough down gently. On a floured surface roll dough into a 20 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut dough in half. Cut each half into approximately 18 equal pieces. You will have a total of 36 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball using the palms of your hand. Layer half of the dough balls evenly in the bottom of the pan. Top with half of cherry pie filling. Sprinkle with half of chocolate chunks. Repeat by layering half of dough balls, remaining cherry pie filling and finish with chocolate chunks.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Invert pan onto a large plate. Add another large plate on top. Invert back to have cherry and chocolate facing up. Allow cooling for another 15 minutes before serving or eat warm.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.