Eggnog Sugar Cookies – Soft homemade sugar cookies made with eggnog and frosted with the BEST sweet eggnog frosting! Perfect to give and serve for Christmas and the holidays.
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own.
Sharing some new oh-so-fluffy sugar cookies today. These cookies are so tasty. I get so excited to try new cookie recipes. A form of this sweet frosted sugar cookie came to me about 10 years ago from a friend. I asked for the recipe and have been smitten since. This recipe was adapted from the original to bring you the joy of eggnog in your cookies. Fun, right? Who wouldn’t want to receive these all wrapped up pretty in a bow?
They’re perfect for the holidays. But you could eat them year round if you can figure out how to get a hold of some eggnog in July. Good luck with that. Let me know if you find it.
I was so excited to partner with Bob’s Red Mill for this recipe. It’s a quality company with excellent products and I just love the variety that they carry. I was thrilled when I opened my goodie box to find Bob’s Red Mill sparkling sugar. So fun! Look for this and many other products for your holiday baking.
For simplicity sake feel free to make and enjoy these eggnog sugar cookies without the frosting. They are delicious either way.
Each year my neighborhood girls and I get together for a cookie exchange. These are definitely one of my top contenders this year to share. The frosting is soft enough to bite into but yet it still can get packaged up nicely without being messy. So, it’s definitely a winner in many categories. Just be sure to let the frosted cookies set out for at least 2 hours before packaging them to allow the frosting to set beforehand.
Have you hosted a cookie exchange or attended a cookie exchange before? They really are fun. Previous years I’ve also been a part of a blogger Great Cookie Swap that helps childhood cancer. Last year I shared chocolate dipped orange sugar cookies for a unique twist on a classic.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Eggnog Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups Bob's Red Mill all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup milk I used 2%
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2-3 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bob's Red Mill sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually stir in eggnog and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Scoop cookie dough by using a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) onto parchment lined a cookie sheet or non-stick baking mat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will be slightly puffed and very light golden brown around edges. Let sit for 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cream sugar, butter, eggnog and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spread onto cooled cookies. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You may also enjoy these holiday favorites:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.