Grilled Potato Medley with Bacon – A delicious medley of potatoes and summer vegetables topped with bacon and cheese. An easy summer side dish for grilling.
This recipe came about last week when I got a boatload of squash in our awesome deal of the week. Trying to figure out how to use in way that pleases the kids. What doesn’t please the kids? Yellow squash on a plate.
What does please the kids? Yellow squash on a plate surrounded by the great goodness of other vegetables topped with bacon and cheese. They gobbled it up good too. Woo-hoo. Mom for the win. 🙂
One of the reasons I love this dish is because it uses the grill. I love to grill outside. I love the flavor. I love being outside on the deck on summer nights. And I love finding new dishes that the whole family will enjoy that use the bounty of summer.
Aren’t these colors just gorgeous though? I love the pop of the orange and green and yellow.
I’m hoping your family will love this one too!
Til we meet and eat again,
Grilled Potato Medley with Bacon
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 2 small yellow squash quartered and cut in 1 1/2 in chunks
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon fried crisp
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Boil potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, squash, pepper, garlic, olive oil, oregano, basil and salt and pepper. Gently toss to combine. Pour onto grill basket. Grill for 10-12 minutes per side or until lightly charred and tender.
- Arrange on a platter. Top with bacon and cheese.
Shared with Whimsy Wednesday, Buns in My Oven, Time to Sparkle, Thrifty Thursdays, Saturday Night Fever, Show Stopper Saturday,Wake Up Wednesdays,Six Sisters Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Creative Ways, Tidy Mom, Best of the Weekend Party, Titus Tuesdays, Show and Share Wednesdays, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Weekend Potluck
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.