Lemon Blueberry Snack Cake – Simple, cake sweetened with blueberries and a fresh hint of lemon makes this the perfect summer celebration dessert. Just ripened berries make an amazing soft snacking cake.
I’m in love with berries this time of year. Who can resist them in our breakfast, drinks, snacks, breads, desserts and more. I get a little too excited. Buy way more than I need. Take pictures of them. Make kids take pictures with them. And I also put a little too much whipped cream on them.
But who’s paying attention. I can do whatever I want with my fresh berries that I picked, right? Strawberry season has just begun in Pennsylvania and blueberry season is just around the corner. What can I say? It’s an incredible time of year!
This lemon blueberry snack cake is a simple cake that mixes up in just minutes and it’s perfect for summer. The lemon flavor contrasting with the berries is absolutely delish.
Reasons to make it:
Whips up in about 15 minutes.
So simple. No frosting necessary.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
Lemon Blueberry Snack Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and zest on medium-high speed until light, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape down bowl as needed.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk. Stir in a third of flour mixture into butter mixture. Add in half of buttermilk mixture. Repeat, ending with flour mixture. Add in vanilla extract and lemon juice. Stir just until fully combined.
- Spread batter into pan and sprinkle with blueberries pressing half of the berries down slightly into the cake with the tip of your finger. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe from MyRecipes.com
You are sure to love these recipes too:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.