Berry Angel Food Cake Trifle – Angel food cake with fresh strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream makes a beautiful summer dessert with only 5 ingredients. Low sugar, whole real ingredients.
I love a good summery dessert and this Berry Angel Food Cake Trifle fits that description perfectly! Light, airy angel food cake topped with rich cream and sweet strawberries and blueberries. It’s love at first sight and first bite.
Even though it turned out really delicious, I think I even had more fun taking photos of this than eating it. I mean it was just too fun. Berries are so pretty and I hardly can’t eat them without wanting to snap a few hundred photos.
So I got my full of picture fun with this berry good dessert. But then again maybe I didn’t. Who knows. You might see 29 more strawberry and blueberry recipes this year because I never seem to get enough!
I almost wasn’t going to share this recipe. The 4th of July is over and that’s the popular time for pretty red and blue recipes. But this one is just too mighty good not to share. So I brought it to you even though there aren’t any red and blue holidays to celebrate.
But today my friend, we’re celebrating red and blue just for the stinken’ heck of it! “Yay!” to made up holidays and celebrations. They rock!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place a bowl for stand mixer and wire whip mixer attachment in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile cut angel food cake into 1 inch cubes. Place half of them in the bottom of a glass trifle dish.
- Remove bowl and attachment from freezer. Add heavy cream and sugar to mixing bowl and mix on medium high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form. Spoon half into bowl over angel food cubes. Arrange half of strawberries and half of blueberries over whipped cream.
- Add another layer of angel food cake cubes followed by the remaining whipped cream. Arrange remaining blueberries and strawberries on top. Garnish with mint if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for several hours until serving.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.