Blueberry Cream Cheese Pull Apart Bread – Delicious homemade pull apart bread is made with real dough, stuffed with cream cheese and studded with fresh blueberries. A summer favorite for berry lovers!
Hey friends! Look what I have for you today. I couldn’t wait to share this for 2 reasons.
#1 It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a pull apart bread. Oh my goodness. 6 months. That is crazy and almost impossible. I definitely have to work on that. This blog should never have to wait that long before a gorgeous new pull apart bread appears. That is just not cool.
#2. I love blueberries and they make photographs just pop because of that pretty color. And blue is my favorite color so I obviously adore working with blueberries. Just a few more weeks til I can pick fresh off the bush! Can you tell I’m getting excited? Maybe you can’t from where you are.
But just picture this. Clapping. Jumping. Smiling. That’s Melanie + fresh local berries. Now, do you have a clearer picture?
This bread is phenomenal and I’m sure you’ll love the berries along with the creamy goodness. It’s soft, flavorful and amazing to share with friends or serve to guests.
To make it you’ll want to cut the dough into squares. The best part is they don’t have to be perfect squares. 😘
Now scoop about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each square.
And now it’s time to stack them up and layer in the loaf pan.
Look at those delish layers! I totally need a glass of milk just lookin’ at them!
Hop down to the comments and let me know if you try it! I love to hear from my readers….P.S. That would be you! So tell me what you loved about this recipe. Thanks so much for your faithful support.
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%) warm (about 110 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast *See Notes*
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3¼ - 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine yeast and milk. Let sit for about 10 minutes until yeast is softened.
- You could also try instant yeast which does not need to be dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yeast/milk mixture with butter, egg, and sugar. Gradually add in 3¼ cups flour. Beginning kneading with a dough hook. After a few minutes if the dough looks too wet add extra flour 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a nice smooth dough. The dough should slap sides of the bowl and stick to the bottom. Add water a tablespoon at a time if dough feels too dry. Knead for a total of 6-7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl. Let rise for about 1 hour or until doubled.
- Press dough down. On a floured surface roll dough into a 20 x 12 inch rectangle.
- In a mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and sugar for about 2 minutes. Stir in blueberries.
- Cut into 5 (4-inch strips), then cut crosswise 6 times, making 30 (4x2-inch) rectangles. Spread each with a tablespoon of cream cheese filling.
- Make 5 stacks of dough with 6 rectangles in each stack. Layer stacks in loaf pan with cream cheese sides facing each other. For end, pieces make sure cream cheese sides are facing in and not out. (Dough should be at both ends to avoid sticking.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let rest for 20-30 minutes before baking. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool for about 1 hour.
I use a thermometer to make sure dough is baking through in the center. Sometimes it can appear done with these types of dough but the very center will still be undone. The best way to check is to make sure the center of the loaf reads about 200 degrees.
If you feel the bread is browning too quickly and it's still not done, make a foil tent to cover the dough.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.