Pumpkin Crumble Bread – Soft moist pumpkin cinnamon bread topped with delicious crumbly topping made with brown sugar. This fall favorite loaf will be perfect for breakfast and dessert.
I know the word pumpkin inspires emotions in so many of us. Emotions of happiness, sadness, hungriness, peacefulness, hopefulness. I know so many of you love fall season so I’m here to help out today. Here’s one more reason to be super excited about fall. Are you ready?
Pumpkin crumble bread. Yeah….that’s right. Delicious moist pumpkin bread topped with a thick layer of crumbs. It went beyond my belief that pumpkin bread could get any more amazing!
When I came across this recipe on Damn Delicious I just knew I had to try it. I mean after looking at those gorgeous photos could you resist?
At first I was thinking of apologizing for yet another bread recipe. But on 2nd thought I’m not. This is “Gather for Bread” after all so I’m pretty sure you expect lots of bread recipes just like expect to keep sharing a lot of them. It’s certainly my favorite and love it having all of you to share with.
Thanks for being here friends!
Til we meet and eat again,
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Pumpkin Crumble Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 half and half
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice or nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and half and half.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Pour into prepared bread pans. (fill ¾ full).
- In another bowl combine topping ingredients wet and crumbly. Using your fingers sprinkle bits of mixture over batter in bread pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.
Recipe adapted slightly from: Damn Delicious