Roasted Red Pepper Soup – Recipe for homemade roasted red pepper soup, how to make this creamy recipe with garden fresh peppers.
Today I bring you a garden fresh roasted red pepper soup. I’m so excited about this one! It’s been one of those recipes that I’ve wanted to make for so long and somehow I just always put it off but now it’s here and it’s vibrant and fresh.
Pop the tomatoes on a baking sheet, use a liner to help with easy cleanup.
Roast the peppers for about 30-45 minutes. I thought these were perfect when they came out!
Next, you’ll add a few simple ingredients like chicken or vegetable broth, carrots, onions, and herbs. Before you know it, you have a simple savory soup with that fire roasted flavor. Mmm….
I definitely need to note for next year to plant more pepper plants. I planted a variety this year but I feel like I’ll be waiting weeks if I want some red peppers.
Not only was this recipe delicious but it was so pretty in the bowl too. Even my kids who were hesitant when they heard ‘roasted red pepper soup’ were game to try it after seeing that pretty pop of red color.
I hope you’ll enjoy this tasty soup for summer’s to come.
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1- quart low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 475. Slice bell peppers in half. Discard stems and seeds. Place on a lined baking sheet. Roast for 30-45 minutes or until blackened.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot and cook until carrots are softened about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the whole roasted peppers and the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, puree the soup in batches. Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot
Roasted Red Pepper Recipes from Blogger Friends
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Skillet – A Spicy Perspective
Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Fettucine Alfredo – Yellow Bliss Road
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus – Mediterranean Dish
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.