Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast – French bread topped with cream cheese and blueberry sauce for a hearty brunch casserole. This berry french toast bake makes enough for the whole family and is great for potlucks or buffets.
Today I’m going against the norm, and I’m posting a blueberry recipe. I know. Everyone is gearing up for pumpkin this and apple that. Meanwhile, I’m still back here in berry haven thinking it’s June or July. But I don’t mind being different. Besides berries are always welcome in my kitchen.
How about you? Do you use berries year round?
Plus if you went berry picking this year and froze a loot of them, then you’ll know just the recipe to break out and bake…this one.
This French Toast Bake is a version of my infamous French Toast Casserole but with cream cheese and blueberries for a heavenly breakfast. Perfect for serving overnight guests or bringing to a breakfast potluck.
It’s made with a dreamy homemade blueberry sauce that would also be perfect over waffles or ice cream or pancakes.
The cream cheese is cut up into chunks and placed on top with the berries but you can also mix it until creamy and spread it throughout. The choice is yours.
I love making French toast casserole with homemade bread but if you don’t have any that’s totally ok. Just grab a baguette from the local grocery store of bakery.
I can’t wait to hear how much you enjoy this delicious new breakfast casserole.
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf DAY OLD French bread or other crusty bread 14-16 ounces
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces
For Blueberry Sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Cut bread into cubes or tear into small pieces. Place in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Cut cream cheese into 1-in. cubes; place over bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over bread in the pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While covered bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. To check, insert a knife in the center. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar, water, and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook mixture and stir until thickened, 2-4 minutes. Stir in the blueberries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until berries begin to break down about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve with the French toast bake.
Recipe adapted slightly from Taste of Home
You May Also Enjoy
Easy Baked French Toast
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.