Cheesy Lasagna Soup – Cheesy Italian soup made with crushed and fire roasted tomatoes, lasagna noodles, mozzarella, ground beef for an authentic pasta taste in a bowl of goodness.
The table is set for Italian night. Think good cheesy lasagna with a side of garlic bread and salad. The family is ready to dive in….but only this time it’s lasagna soup. Don’t dismiss it yet.
I’d rather eat this over lasagna any day. But I’m not Italian and I have to make the meal. So this comes together much quicker and I’m a soup girl so from the first moment I laid eyes on at FarmGirl Dabbles I knew I’d love it.
Sure enough. I did! And because I love it and have made it several times I knew it was time to share with my readers. Think of this soup the next time you want an authentic Italian meal but just don’t have time to boil the lasagna boils, brown the ground beef, layer it all together and then you have to wait and entire hour to bake it.
Surely, lasagna has it’s place and time but sometimes that’s not the weeknight that you need to be running kids around or heading to church or running a few errands. This homemade soup can be ready in about 40 minutes. YES! Now, I’ve got your attention.
40 minutes versus the traditional lasagna which takes me an average of 1 1/2 to 2 hours to prepare and cook.
Winner. Winner. My family loves this cheesy lasanga soup and I think yours will too.
So, gather around for soup and salad and bread. Enjoy!
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Tools to make this recipe well:
Cheesy Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 can 14 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 c. chicken stock
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles broken into 2-3 inch pieces
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil to garnish
- In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat add olive oil. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until then begin to soften. Add ground beef and cook until cooked through. Add minced garlic. Cook and stir one minute until fragrant.
- Stir in oregano, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, fire roasted diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir and then cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling add lasagna noodle pieces. Cover and lower to a simmer. Cook until lasagna noodles are al-dente.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Sprinkle with basil if desired.
Recipe adapted from FarmGirl Dabbles
Happy National Soup Day! Here are 13 new recipes for you to enjoy from our Celebrating Food Bloggers!
- Cheesy Lasagna Soup – Gather for Bread
- Loaded Baked Potato soup – Ashlee Marie
- Turkey Meatball Pho – Foodie with Family
- slow cooker chili with dried pinto beans and sausage – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Creations by Kara
- Italian Spinach and Orzo Soup – Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Cheeseburger Soup – Namely Marly
- Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Soup – Baking with Blondie
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Yellow Bliss Road
- Curried Chicken Noodle Soup – Life Made Simple
- Bacon Clam Chowder – The Baker Upstairs
- Brunswick Stew – Hey Grill, hey
- Instant Pot Skinny Beef Soup – Sweet C’s
8 More Soup Recipes from me!
- Slow Cooker Clam Chowder
- Homemade Chicken Orzo Soup
- Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup
- Sausage Kale Tortellini Soup
- Beef Barley Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Kale and White Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Potato Cheddar Beer Soup
Here are 6 More soup recipes from more amazing food bloggers! I’ve pinned them all and would love to find time to make them soon!
Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder– Carlsbad Cravings
White Enchilada Soup – Recipe Tin Eats
Beefy Tomato Tortellini Soup – Easy Peazy Meals
Slow cooker Thai Chicken Noodle Soup – Platings & Pairings
SouthWest Broccoli Chowder – Creme de la Crumb
Creamy Potato Soup – The Girl Who Ate Everything
New Soup recipes from the Celebrating Food bloggers!!