Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Soft and perfectly chewy cookies studded with dark chocolate chunks and topped with sea salt. Easy recipe. Delicious taste.
Oh my goodness. Lately I’m on this dark chocolate and salt combo kick. Can you blame me? This stuff is amazing and delighful. That bark with that bite. Mmm…. That slight bitter taste of dark chocolate plays beautifully off the salty nature. It’s just downright amazing!
If you follow me on Facebook you’ll see that my neighbor friend recently blessed me with some dark chocolate caramels. She gave them to me right as we were leaving to go to Philly for the day for my dad’s birthday.
Umm….this could be a huge problem. A 2 hour drive with these amazing caramels sitting right where I can reach them. I got the whole way there and back eating only 1 but it did take some self restraint. They were SO good!
So these cookies have been in the works for awhile and I’m finally bringing them to you. YES! This cookie base is from my Triple Chewy Chocolate Cookies, which happen to be one of my favs. I love combing chocolates. It’s just fun.
And for my friends and followers who care and actually read these words that I type. I did it yesterday!
“Did what?” You SaY.
I went for my first run since December 17th! Woot. It felt amazing. The cold is finally leaving us. Yesterday it went up to a balmy 52 degrees. I think I’ll get out my flipflops and tank tops. OK. I’m getting a little ahead of myself. But 50 degrees feels AH-mazing when you’ve had a winter of 10-25 degrees on average.
I’m pumped friends! It was only 3 miles but it was so good. So what are you excited about this week? Anything going on in your life that you want to share. I love to hear from all of you!
You make this place fun and purposeful.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase we get a small portion to help support our blog.
Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter 1 1/2 sticks
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cornstarch and baking soda. Whisk gently. Set aside.
- Melt butter slightly in microwave. It should be runny but not completely liquefied. In a mixing bowl fitted with flat paddle cream butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for until well mixed. Stir in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat for 1-2 minutes until thoroughly combined. Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Use your fingers to scoop dough into a rough 1 1/2 inch rounds . Don't smash it into a ball. Place on non-stick baking sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges have just begun to brown. Centers will be glossy and look slightly under cooked. Sprinkle with salt. Let them cool on pan for about 5 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Will keep fresh for up to 1 week in covered container.
Recipe Notes*Plan ahead. This dough tastes best chilled for at least 2 hours prior to baking. Not mandatory though.
Have you tried these cookie recipes yet?
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.