Sausage Kale Tortellini Soup – Savory soup made with Italian sausage, green healthy kale, cheese tortellini makes a perfect lunch or dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes.
Looking for a quick, amazing dinner with a healthy dose of greens? This soup is totally for you. First , he flavors are amazing! I love tortellini and it’s so great in soup. Here’s a past version in a soup with some delicious spinach.
There’s a battle over healthy greens in my mind. There’s spinach on one side that is so good in dips, in breakfast bake and with pasta and chicken. Then on the other side battling for it’s fame is the scrumptious kale. It’s vibrant, a little crunchy and perfect as chips, in soups and so great as salad. So it’s even, right? They’re clearly both winners. So don’t feel obligated to choose sides. We can all love them equally.
But there’s no judgement if you don’t like them both. Just choose a favorite. I won’t tell a soup. Oops, I mean a soul. 😉
You’ll love this recipe if:
- You are looking for a quick easy recipe, ready in 30 minutes.
- You love pasta and greens.
- You love trying new varieties of soup.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG : Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
Sausage Kale Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 9 ounces (approx) packages dried cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 5 cups chopped kale stems removed, bite sized pieces
- In a Dutch oven or small stock pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown sausage, stirring often for about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; continue to cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain fat, if necessary.
- Return to heat and add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini, oregano, basil, and parsley. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Stir in chopped kale. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese.
You may also like:
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.