I’m finally going to the beach. It has been way too long! Yes, it’s been almost a year and I really miss it.
You know that feeling before you head to the beach when you really start pondering what you’ll look like in your swimsuit? Yeah, I’m going through that phase. I’ve got to slim down the diet. Plus, I know I’ll be eating whatever I want while I’m there. So right now I need to think low-cal, low-fat.
These veggie wraps are a perfect fit for that ‘beach’ diet. They’re delicious and filling too. And kid friendly. All three of my kiddos ate these for dinner without complaining. I was and am still amazed about that. They’re great kids. 🙂
Don’t you just want to eat one right now?
These wraps include some of my favorite veggies but they are so versatile. You can swap out zucchini for yellow squash. Cherry tomatoes for mushrooms or whatever you love most. I personally love onions so they go just about in any dish that can handle them. What about you? Which veggies will you be using?
Love and blessings,
- 2 Tbsp olive oil additional if needed
- 1 small zucchini diced small
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 banana peppers split, seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh spring lettuce mix or baby spinach
- 4 oz light cream cheese I used Laughing Cow cream cheese with chive and onion wedges
- 4 fajita size whole wheat tortillas
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, red onion and banana peppers. Saute stirring occasionally for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add corn saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, spread cream cheese over tortilla. Layer with onion/pepper mixture, cherry tomatoes. Top with spring lettuce or spinach.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.