Zucchini Mozzarella Casserole – Recipe for cheesy zucchini casserole. With diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, this squash bake will be a family favorite summer side dish.
Zucchini season is upon us. And I’m looking for NEW ways to incorporate this veggie into our meals. I came upon this recipe recently and was pretty sure it would be a hit with the family because we enjoy zucchini and boy do we love CHEESE! Add pepperoni just gives it some extra deliciousness.
This recipe is super simple to throw together and it only uses a few ingredients. I’m pretty sure your family will love it too!
Slice up your zucchini into rounds, approximately 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
Place in a greased casserole dish.
Top with some delicious tomatoes. Preferably organic. 😘
Top with some sliced pepperoni. I only had the large slices on hand.
Finish off with a healthy dose of that amazing mozzarella cheese. And put that puppy in the oven until nice and melty.
Things to love:
- Only 5 ingredients
- Fresh garden vegetables
- Prep time is just 10 minutes
If you give this Zucchini Mozzarella Casserole recipe a try, let me know or send me a photo. I’d love to see!
Have a great week! Hope it’s filled with good food and your favorite people around the table.
Til we meet and eat again,
FOLLOW ALONG: Gather for Bread
Be sure to sign up for our emails so you don’t miss the latest recipes! ⇒ Sign up here. ⇐
This post may contain affiliate links for which we get a small portion to help support this blog.
© GATHER FOR BREAD. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Zucchini Mozzarella Casserole
- 6 cups sliced green zucchini yellow squash (or mixture of both)
- 2 cans 14 ounces each Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into 1/2 - 3/4" rounds. Layers in a greased 13x9" baking dish.
- Top with diced tomatoes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with pepperoni.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes or veggies are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Join the newsletter
Get your FREE copy of Irresistible Bread Recipes when you sign up to receive our emails.